The results from the annual British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (baaps.org.uk) report are in and a record 51,000 UK patients underwent a surgical procedure in 2015, which is a 13% rise from 2014.
ALL procedures saw an increase in demand but which cosmetic surgery procedures are the most popular and which ones have risen more for women and men?
- Women’s surgery rose by 12.5% in 2015 compared to men’s surgery which rose by 13.5%.
- Men’s surgical procedures count for 9% all total procedures but the number of men having surgery has doubled in the last ten years.
- Breast augmentation is still the most popular cosmetic procedure for women and continues to rise in popularity – up 12% from 2014.
- The three most popular cosmetic procedures for men (in order) are: blepharoplasty(up 15%), rhinoplasty (up 14%) and Gynaecomastia/breast reduction (up 13%).
- Liposuction for men saw the biggest increase in growth in 2015, up 20% in just one year.
- The biggest increase in growth for women was also liposuction, up 20% too.
- Facelift and necklift for women was the second highest climber, up 16% in 2015.
BAAPS is the only organisation dedicated to safety and education in cosmetic surgery and represents the majority of NHS-trained consultant plastic surgeons in private practice.
For more information or a consultation with Mr Alex Karidis, contact the Karidis Clinic now.